Yesterday, Sunday, Kim, the kids, and I ventured to Derby to see Deiter (mom and dad’s new dog) and then visit Rock River Rapids – Derby’s water park. The trip was fun, the dog was great (I love Schnauzers), and the water was refreshing. The problem? The people.
Let me start by saying that I do not judge people on appearance alone. But I find it hard to take people seriously when they dress the way they do. The Tri Rivers fair is a good example. Friday night we went to the fair and saw people dressed in the strangest way. One guy, who was with his wife and young daughter, was wearing a shirt that proclaimed in big bold letters: “Love Sucks. True Love Swallows.” (you can buy your own here) How is that appropriate to wear in public? Especially with your wife and daughter in tow? Like I said, I don’t judge on appearance, but if you approached me with that shirt on…I’m probably not going to be inclined to be your friend. Kim and I also racked our brains to figure out how one overweight young lady managed to squeeze into the shorts, or more appropriately the “Daisy Dukes”, and crop top that she had “on”. We could only surmise that she greased herself up and had someone else sit on her to button them. And the bad part was she seemed to be following us. Every time we turned around there were her "abs" and her butt, most of it anyway. How do these people look in the mirror and say "Damn. I look good"? But I digress…
Yesterday at the water park in Derby I saw more overweight people in bikinis than I saw on the cruise. What ever happened to one-piece suits? Something a little less revealing that is still attractive and accentuates the best parts of your figure? There were also at least 4 very pregnant women there – again, nothing wrong with an expectant mother going to the water park, but three of the four moms-to-be were wearing very small bikinis. They looked incredibly uncomfortable. And one was down right disturbing. Then there was the male. He weighed at least 280 and was no taller than Kim. He was very tan – on his arms, neck, and bald head – but looked like he was wearing a white t-shirt (he wasn't). To accentuate the whiteness of his farmer’s tan, he wore black swimming trunks which he had pulled up nearly to his chin. Nice. Pair those mental images with the young teen that was wearing a bra (I’m sure it was, it had a lace back with a clasp and “I LOVE PINK” embroidered in the lace) and boxers. Where were her parents? Why didn't they say “No. You are NOT going to the pool in lingerie.”
Now I am a firm believer that one should be comfortable with themselves. They should love their body and who they are. But can’t you love yourself in private? Do you have to show the whole world? A little discretion please!
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment