4.07.2009

That was Monday...

This should be a lesson to all of you. Never drive your wife's car, especially is she has sabotaged it! Last night, just as the game was beginning -- you know, at the tip when it was still a game -- I left to get JD from scouts. Just as I turned on to Magnolia, I got lit up by one of Salina's finest, who obviously was in search of some fun for the evening.
"Good evening, officer, is there a problem?"
"Officer So-and-So, Salina Police Department. I pulled you over because you have a headlight out."
"I do? Which one?"
"I believe it was your left one." he said, obviously not expecting me to question him on it. "Do you have your license and proof of insurance?"
"It's my wife's car, so I may have to dig for the insurance."
"Ha, that looks like the inside of MY wife's car."
"Here's an insurance card but it expired in 2004, but everything is still the same. Oh wait, here's another one. Well hell, this one expired in 2007. I guess that's the best I can do, sir."
"Thank you, wait right here."

Where did he think I was going? Did he expect me to leave? With him holding my license? With my name and address on it?

So as North Carolina raced to a large lead, effectively crushing the spirit of Michigan State, I sat in the right lane of Magnolia waiting on the slowest cop in the world. When he returned, he presented me with a fix-it ticket for the headlight and a mandatory court appearance ticket for no proof of insurance. Both are easily taken care of, it's just the hassle of doing it. From there I picked JD up, 10 minutes late, got home to see the remainder of what turned out to be the worst National Championship game I can remember, and retire to bed salivating over the Lasagna I thought I was going to get for supper while belching up fajita-flavored onions. I was awake to watch the clock pass midnight so I could say good by to a crappy Monday and hello to a less crappy Tuesday. I still didn't sleep very well so maybe Tuesday won't be any better.

Moral of the story: Drive grandma's car. It's perfect! And eat more Lasagna.

D

No comments: