4.21.2009

Wow. I've been busy.

Since I last wrote back before Easter, I have been a busy boy. The Easter Bunny brought us all a virus. All four of us were sick. My turn was Tuesday of last week. I felt like a truck ran me over. I was only comforted when the mailman brought my Mr Beer Kit that I ordered from woot.com. I spent the afternoon reading the instruction book and dreaming of owning my own Brew Pub right here in Salina, Kansas. I also order additional ingredients to make more beer. The kit came with one recipe for West Coast Pale Ale. One recipe makes 2 gallons. I ordered four more. I can now make 10 gallons of beer! Wheat, Oatmeal Stout, IPA, and a Pilsner will soon be gracing my table.

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I traveled to Wichita, Columbus, NE, and Linn, MO. I traveled over 1,300 miles last week, 708 on Friday alone. Each of the meetings went well. I hope that in time, all of them will turn into clients. That will be great, as we could use the work but it will also mean that I will have to go back to Wichita, Columbus, NE, and Linn, MO. I discovered that my Olds can go 385 miles on a single tank of gas. I didn't completely run out of gas, but there were a few tense moments and some prayer. Can you pray for a gas station to suddenly appear? Is that allowed? Or is that one of those frivolous things that you're not supposed to pray for? I should have paid attention in class!

Saturday, we were up and at 'em early. Kay had a soccer game at 8:30, then a birthday party at 10:30, then girl scouts at 1:00. JD had baseball at 10:15 and 1:45 then a third game on Sunday. They went 1-2. JD played well and the team as a whole is more prepared than last year. Two of the coaches and three of the pitchers from last year left for greener pastures. The new kids and coach fit in better and brings a more calm demeanor to the dugout. We may not win more games but it will be less tense and more fun.

I mowed my lawn Sunday. Even sprayed the weeds. It had to be done. JD should be old enough to mow, but he would rather play. How old do your kids have to be before they are motivated by money? Hmmmmm...

This morning Kim woke me up to tell me the sewer was clogged. What a way to start a day. 45 minutes later I had it unclogged and was able to shower.

This week is shaping up to be busy too. Yesterday I was in Manhattan then coached Kay's softball team. Tonight is baseball for JD, soccer for Kay, and meetings at Church. Tomorrow, I am in Nebraska, Thursday I have a client in the office and baseball and soccer in the evening. Friday Kay has softball again, Soccer Saturday, then to Oklahoma City for Kim to run, and run, and run, and... well, you get the idea...

Wave if you pass me while I'm going.

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are way too busy running around everywhere. Thank goodness you have quiet time on the road. Well its probably not "quiet" in your car. But you get the point. I heard a motivational speaker last night. She was really good. Anyway, about the gas and prayer thing. I'm pretty sure it should work this way. Don't just pray that a gas station suddenly appear. Pray for the owner of the gas station and that he is making a really living running the gas station that is (hopefully) (suddenly)going to appear. lmk
P.S. Can't wait till the beer is done.