10.29.2008

Boo!

Once again we have ventured into the pumpkin carving tradition. JD carved his on Sunday with Kim's assistance. It is a vampire dog, complete with long ears. Kay carved her's on Sunday too, with Kim's help. The pumpkin looked like, well it looked like a pumpkin with a hole in it. A rectangle shaped void about 3" x 4". It was quite attractive, but I don't think many would-be trick-or-treaters would appreciate the minimalist approach that they had achieved.

So last night, Kay and I went and bought new pumpkins and tried again. I carved a witch. Kay wanted a butterfly. About half way through carving mine, Kaylee said "Dad, can you finish mine?" She hadn't even started, other than to draw a small creature with a sun and a rainbow. To her credit she did scoop the insides out, but that was it. I did finish hers, because that's what dad's do. Pictures are below -- witch, butterfly, and dog (incase you couldn't tell).







D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember carving quite a few pumpkins like that when Andrew was young. Maybe I'll have to do one for old times sake tonight. lmk