4.24.2008

Long Time

It's been a week since I last wrote. I haven't wrote since last Wednesday. In that time, I have been to Hutch, back to Salina, to Anaheim via Wichita to Dallas to Anaheim and back by the same route, then to Falls City, NE. Then tomorrow I go to Topeka. By my calculations I will have traveled over 4500 miles in a week when I return to Salina tomorrow afternoon. Disney was fun -- most of it was by myself. But I rode all the rides with no problem. All the popular rides have a ride for single riders so I managed to cut in line on almost every ride. I also dicovered a new beer at the bar in the Marriott -- Samual Smith's Oatmeal Stout. Very good beer. I was dicussing dark beers with the bartender, mentioned I was from Kansas during a story about the oatmeal stout that the micro-brew in Beaver serves. The bartender says "You're from Kansas, huh? Where? Coffeyville?" You could have picked me up off the floor -- I said, "How do you know of Coffeyville?" Turns out he had an uncle that used to live there. The world is small.

I also made the Salina Journal. Partial story here or full story on B5 of today's paper.

D

3 comments:

cousin_ak said...

Hey! It's about time that you posted something! HAHA! But i saw you in the paper earlier today, picture and all! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Was wondering when the Pres was going to post again. Saw a shorten version of the article on the saljournal website and then went hunting for the paper version. It's getting difficult to keep up with everyone, but I have to keep the scrap book up to date. lmk
P.S. Happy Traveling!

Anonymous said...

Cut the article out of the Salina Journal if you need an extra copy. LLK