JD started practice today. 2 hours in the blazing heat, oh wait... it is August in Kansas but the weather was gorgeous. His team will go 5 nights a week for two weeks, then three nights a week through the season. JD worked mainly at tight end today, but they only worked on offense. Wednesday they wear full pads. They have 22 on the team so there will be an offense and defense. Not sure where JD will wind up, but I will keep you posted.
We also are preparing for K-State games. We got the kids tickets to the first three home games. They were pumped. Kay's reaction: "MONTANA STATE! JD, WE GET TO SEE MONTANA STATE!" WooHoo! I'm glad someone gets excited about the non-conference schedule.
It could be an interesting year. I just read that K-State has NO returning running backs and will rely on a juco walk-on, a red shirt freshman, and a true freshman. The true freshman is from Garden Plain and rushed for over 7,000 yards in high school. He supposed to be very talented, but I would feel better if the 'Cats had a veteran to provide him support.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment