To combat the problem, Kim suggested we paint one of her walls with chalkboard paint. A black wall does not sound all that appealing and could hurt resale, but I was game. Jane suggested we get a frame and make a chalkboard to hang on the wall, but that seemed so dull. So after running ideas around my brain and a trip to Hobby Lobby for inspiration I present Kay's new chalkboard.

It is made up of four panels each hinged to the other. Each panel is a four foot 1 x 12. The chalkboard area on each panel is 12" x 32". It is painted to match her room and the hinges allow it to be folded and stored away if needed. She helped paint it but I didn't tell her what it was until I was done. She thought it was a divider to change clothes behind!
D
1 comment:
What a good Daddy you are. My Dad always let us pick what color we wanted our bedrooms. He wasn't quite as patient with us doing anything to the wall like you are. You are making great memories with your kids. LLK
Post a Comment