Whew... what a day. I was up bright and early this morning to trek to Ellsworth for some much needed repair work on a filling. Upon arrival I was greeted in the kindest manner by the Doctor's staff. Before I had a chance to warm up the seat of the waiting room chair, I was ushered to a very comfortable chair in preparation for my procedure. Soon Doc was administering anesthesia and preparing to drill. Prior to beginning, he commented that the drill was not coming up to speed, but he started anyway. Moments later it, the drill, was hopelessly lodged in my tooth. Well maybe not hopelessly, but it was stuck pretty good. Doc had to get a pair of pliers to remove it from my tooth. All I could think was "this is really going to hurt when he breaks my tooth". But to his credit, other than the awkwardness of Doc wrestling with the bit, I did not feel a thing -- except when water ran down the side of my face onto my neck and into my hair: It was cold!
After bidding the good people of the office g'day I stopped by Casey's for coffee. I got complements on my tooth sticker that Linda awarded me for being a good boy at the dentist! As I was leaving, an unmarked KHP pickup blocked-in an SUV parked at the gas pump and proceeded to talk to the driver and open the back door to question one of the passengers. Meanwhile an Ellsworth Police Officer arrived to assist. I had to drive off before anyone was hauled away... not sure exactly what was going on, but it looked like it was going to be the talk of the town today.
Besides the hole in my tooth, I saw another large hole north of town on 156. There were state vehicles (3), a backhoe, and a semi with a bulldozer just arriving on the scene south of interstate. Everyone was looking at what appeared to be a sink hole next to the road in the ditch next to an entrance to a hay field. As with the Casey's incident, I am not sure what was happening, but there sure were some odd things going on in Ellsworth County this morning.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow...sounds like you had quite an experience at the dentist! Hope Jane doesn't have an appt. anytime soon after reading that!!! Linda gave me a sticker too, I just haven't worn them yet. I'm happy with my tooth necklace! haha! Busy day tomorrow...yuck!
Post a Comment