Kimmie and I trekked to Dallas this past weekend for the final game in Texas Stadium. The atmoshpere was festive, the game sucked! The Cowboys played bad and lost. The entertainment for the evening was provided by two drunks in our section. I was sure one of them was going to fall over the railing, bust somehow he managed not to...
I saw a lot of the Cowboy greats, the Cheerleaders, and the hole in the roof. I think I like the atmosphere at college games better, but I'm glad I was there.
On the trip home I visited my grandparents' graves. I left silk poinsettas to brighten their holidays. Then I drove by my grandma's house. I sat in the parking lot across the street and the house looked different. Much smaller than I remember it. I found myself wondering how eighteen of us fit in their to celebrate Christmas. There was a lot of love in that house and I think that's why it looked different -- the love is gone. The new owner took down the basketball goal that JD played on. They took down the swings in the carport that were too close together for the girls to swing on. I hope they have a much fun and memories in that house as I did.
If I don't blog tomorrow... Merry Christmas.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys be careful traveling to Colorado and have a very Merry Christmas. See you Sunday. lmk
Post a Comment