I, on the other hand, heard unique renditions of Mary Had a Little Lamb, Hot Cross Buns, Jingle Bells, Up on the Rooftop, and oh so many other wonderful tunes. JD played the trumpet in this pint size band. You could barely see him over his music stand. The entire ordeal lasted 20 minutes but we had to be there an hour before so I also got to hear them warm up! That was worth the price of admission right there! I have tried to download the digital video of the concert so you could share in my joy... but to no avail. My really cool, compact digital video camera doesn't seem to want to let go of this memory!
On the bright side, I did get JD to wear a tie.
D

2 comments:
Well, at least your weren't freezing your butt off watching a football game for FOUR HOURS or inside with 300 loud, obnoxious fans watching a basketball game for THREE HOURS! I know it will be tough but I can only hope JD can get you culturalized!! Fines times ahead!!!! lmk
I am with LMK and am proud that JD chose the trumpet and is in the band. Who knows he might be like his older cousins and play his trumpet in church someday. Then I am sure he will make you PROUD! LLK
Post a Comment