3.06.2009

Friday Randomness

Yesterday, I finished a marathon week of travel -- 1830 miles in three trips. I went to St. Louis on Sunday (401 miles), back to Salina on Monday (425), to Lincoln, NE and Columbus, NE on Wednesday (475), and Girard, KS (505) on Thursday.

I passed at least 9 Harley Davidson Dealerships on my excursions, some of them twice, and did not stop at a single one.

The hardest to avoid was Frontier HD in Lincoln. They have a new building since I was last there.

I missed my turn leaving America's Center in St. Louis and crossed the river to East St. Louis, Illinois. It reminded me of Vacation, "Roll em up!".

My traveling car averaged over 26 miles per gallon over those 1800+ miles.

All of my meetings went very well.

My "traveling car" for those of you that don't know is a 1991 Oldsmobile 88. It belonged to my grandmother and makes the perfect work car. It gets good gas mileage and runs well. Plus, I'm not putting additional miles on Kim's SUV or trying to keep gas in my Dodge pick-up (it get about 15 mpg on the highway). Since May, my expenses vs reimbursement on the Olds is over $2,500. The expenses include tires, tie rods, oil, gas, and a stereo! Can you say "Cruise"?

I have only managed to work out twice this week, I'll be back in the gym at noon today.

I have designed another tattoo that I plan on getting in the near future. It features both of the kiddo's names and is designed as a cover up to the bad one (quality-wise) I got in College.

Because I have been so busy at MarketAide, I have been unable to take a vacation for a while. I now have close to 7 weeks of time that needs to be used... yeah right!

The weather's getting nice, it's time to get the tire replaced on my Harley so I can hit the road!

I am headed to Lawrence of all places to cheer on my wife if her first run of the year -- a 2K. She'll be in Manhattan next weekend, then her half-marathon in April in Oklahoma City. Go Kimmie!

I met with a prospect this week for the the third time and discovered he was a KISS fan! "Me, too" I said. Finally after all this time, being a KISS fan may actually pay dividends!

Basketball is over for JD! Finally. I don't like basketball very much, but he loves it. Salina Viper's baseball starts tonight, although we will miss the first practice. I love baseball, love helping coach -- it's just a great game!

I am reading another Bill Bryson book -- I'm a Stranger Here Myself -- so far it's great. But I didn't expect anything less.

Daylight savings time begins Sunday at 2:00 AM. I love daylight savings time. I would be happy if they did away with standard time and kept daylight savings time year-round!

DST means I will be able to ride my bicycle in the evening after I get home from work. Hope the weather holds!

My beloved Cowboys released TO yesterday... can't say that I am sad. I am surprised that they let Roy Williams go. That boy could hit!

I'm sure there is more in my little brain waiting to get out, but can't seem to find it right now!

D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing on your blog. I do enjoy reading it. Linda L.

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!!! Jane

Sarah Meitner said...

We missed DST! Completely forgot and showed up to church an hour late. Oops. I have a good excuse though.

Glad to hear the meetings went well. I have Feb. billings...I'll bring them by tomorrow, hopefully!

Kim rocks, by the way. I hope you tell her that at each finish line.