3.09.2009

Mmmmm, Jawbreakers

Believe it or not, I'm not perfect. I know this will come as a shock to many of you, especially my lovely wife. One of my faults is that I have a bad habit of grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw when I sleep. It causes me to wake with a sore jaw and can't be good on my pearly whites either. It could be stress related, I suppose -- not that this economy is causing any added stress or anything... anyway... on with the story.

To combat my grinding, my dentist made me a nifty little device that I wear at night when I sleep. It fits conveniently over my front teeth and keeps me from hurting myself -- in theory.

The other night I had a fabulous little dream. I was eating one of the hardest jawbreakers I had ever had. I mean I was really having to work to crack this thing. It didn't taste very good, but how many jawbreakers do? I was really having a difficult time keeping it between my teeth. Every time I would try to bite it, it would slip off into my cheek. Each time it slipped off, I would use my tongue to return it to the proper location for biting a jawbreaker and try again, all without success -- I just couldn't break it.Then I awoke, mid-dream, to find that my nifty little device was not longer on my front teeth, but in my mouth. It seems that it was the "jawbreaker" from my dream. I must say, it held up well. I returned it to it's proper place and drifted off to sleep!

It seems I might have to use Duct tape to keep it in place. Or perhaps I could use Fix-a-dent (or something like that) as Dr. Herzog suggested, we'll see. But being a guy, I'm sure the Duct tape will at least get a try!

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally funny story. Had to send this to your dentist so he could could get a laugh too. HAHA!