Today is an historic day in the United States, even though Kansas will miss the boat. Today this nation will put racism behind us and elect a president of African-American decent. Kansas will blindly follow the right wing mantra that has gotten us into the mess we are in today, but 6 electoral votes will not stop the coming tide. Even Karl Rove is predicting an Obama Electoral College landslide.
In case you haven't figured it out, I did vote for Barack Obama today. And I voted for the pool sales tax for Salina. I figured Delmar, Jane, Linda, Linda, Darin and Cindy, and Kenny and Carolyn could all help subsidize my children's fun! Nearly $4 Million of the sales tax money will come from outside the city limits. So when Delmar buys that new $200 driver, it will only cost him an extra 30 cents in tax.
I think voter turnout will be high. When I voted at 8:00 I actually had to wait in line -- I think that is the first time in my voting life that I had to wait. There were three people voting and I was next in line. When I left there were eight. I was also #69 on the voter roll. I don't think our polling place has ever had more than 200 in an election and 1 hour into the day, they were over 1/3 of the way to that number.
On the down side, the political work that MarketAide has enjoyed since June will be gone. We've endured well, but now we'll get back to industrial work.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, there were at least 70 in line and into my hallway at school when I arrived at 7:05 and I had to park out in one of the neighborhoods about 3.5 blocks away because are lot was full. Not sure how much longer they can keep using our school as a poll place. At least it will be over soon.And tomorrow everything will be strawberries and sunshine because the victor will fix EVERYTHING IMMEDIATELY..that is what both promised.
Post a Comment