The country has spoken, Kansas just didn't have their hearing aids turned on! I watched results late into the evening. When Pennsylvania went blue, that is when I knew it was over. McCain spent a lot of time in that state in the final week, but he lost by 11% in a state he was counting on. That did not bode well for his camp.
The sales tax issue passed too! By a comfortable margin. Linda L. sent a voice mail last night that she would be happy to support the new pool when she shops at Sam's. She said the old pool was here when she was a kid -- wow, that's a long time!
All of the candidates that we worked with in the General Election won -- Charlie Roth, Pete Brundgardt, John Vratil, Terrie Huntington, Barbara Craft, and Vicki Schmidt. That's why MarketAide slogan is "Join the Winners". I personally helped with the tax issue and it passed too, so it was a clean sweep for us.
I know my in-laws in Ellsworth would appreciate it if you got them a nice gift for Christmas. I think any of these would make a nice gift for them. I think Delmar would look really hip in this one, so don't get it, I think I'm done Christmas shopping for him!
The kids were very excited about the outcome -- National results, not Kansas. Kay was upset yesterday when she came home from school because a young, uninformed, obviously brain-washed boy in her class was talking bad about Barack Obama. She said that she told him he should be nice because Barack's grandma just died. She said no one in her class knew that... she got that from me. I have been a political junkie for the last month. Now I'm going through withdrawal!
Shifting gears -- JD had 4 warts on the bottom of his foot and one on his hand treated yesterday with Canthacur (an acid that destroys the warts). They looked disgusting this morning -- not oh-my-we-need-to-go-see-the-doctor-again disgusting, but wow-those-look-like-they-hurt disgusting. He limped off to school though. He really needed to have something done with them 8 weeks ago, but that was during football and I didn't want him to miss a prolonged period while they healed.
Have a good day, all.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am not that old Dee!!! Well I guess I am that was back in the 60's. Time flies so enjoy your moments with the kids. LLK
It was all in good fun... you know me, nothing is off limits.
D
I was just kidding too. Went to McPherson today looking for some dining room chairs. Agnes my sister in law took me. She grew up in Salina and said that pool was built in the 50's. She still remembers the first time she went swimming. Sorry I gave my sales tax to McPherson Co. but the chairs are beautiful!!! Linda L.
Post a Comment