5.01.2009

40 thoughts about (for) Kimmie as she turns 40.



1. First and foremost, she is my best friend.
2. She has never looked better – except when I saw her in her wedding gown.
3. Really, she has reached forty with class, while remembering how to have fun along the way.
4. I’m happy (and proud) she’s almost done with her Master’s so that we can have our evenings back.
5. She has given me two great kids.
6. I couldn’t have married into a better family; saner, yes, but better, No.
7. I have her name tattooed on my arm, what more can I say?
8. Except for some reason, she won’t tattoo my name on her. Hmmmmm.
9. I would never buy one of those shirts that say “If you can read this the bitch fell off”. I enjoy having her ride behind me on my Harley.
10. I have forgiven her for dragging me to Coffeyville!
11. We don’t get to travel as much as we used to, without the kids that is, so I cherish all of the time we spend together.
12. She makes me feel like a kid.
13. That’s probably because she is SO much older than me.
14. I like the way she flirts!
15. My day is not complete if I don’t get to give her a hug.
16. I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe, I should take up running so she doesn’t run away!
17. Really, I do think about it, not so she doesn’t run away, but so that we can spend that time together.
18. But maybe that’s her “alone” time and she wouldn’t enjoy having me along.
19. She brought me to the Church in 1993, now I have to make her get up on Sundays – so I guess we’re even.
20. I’m only half way there… I’m glad she’s not turning 80!
21. I am looking forward to the next 30 days. I get to buy gifts for Birthday, Graduation, Mother’s Day, and Anniversary. Really. I am.
22. She looks hot on her Harley.
23. She looks hot off her Harley.
24. I really enjoy time outdoors with her – camping, fishing, football, baseball, everything.
25. I must be the luckiest guy in the world, to have a wife that enjoys a lot of the same things I do.
26. My wedding day was possibly the greatest day of my life.
27. Followed closely by watching the Comet Hale-Bopp the night we found out she was pregnant with JD and being present for the birth of both of our children.
28. I like holding hands with her.
29. She makes the BEST Lasagna.
30. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see her in public.
31. She really is the greatest thing that ever happened to a long-haired, socially challenged nerd like me.
32. When I’m forty, I hope I have held up as well as she has.
33. If loving her is wrong, I don’t want to be right. (That would make a good title for a Country and Western song!)
34. She has taught me patience.
35. I enjoy how she makes us fashionably late to social events and church. It really makes us look important!
36. She taught me to sleep with the radio on.
37. There are a lot of things I like about her, way more than 40, but just reading a list of what I like about Kimmie would have been less entertaining.
38. Did I mention she loves football? There’s nothing better than football, snuggled under the covers on a cold October night.
39. She lets me cook sometimes.
40. I love her. Happy Birthday, Kimmie. Forty has never looked better. I would be honored to make some Lasagna as your birthday dinner?

Famous People born on May 3rd:
1903 Bing Crosby (singer, actor)
1933 James Brown (singer)
1972 Suzi Suzuki, former Japanese porn "actress" (according to Wikipedia)

On This Day In History:
1937 Margaret Mitchell won the Pulitzer Prize in fiction for Gone With the Wind.
1947 Japan's post-war constitution comes into effect.
1999 Kansas and Oklahoma were hit by an outbreak of more than 55 tornadoes, including one measured at F5 on the Fujita scale. (May 3rd must be a slow news day!)

3 May is also:
World Press Freedom Day
Constitution Day in Poland, Lithuania and Japan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIMMIE. I LOVE YOU.

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew from the first time she brought you home that she finally had found a "keeper" and I was right. Thank you for being that very special son-in-law. Jane