I got a new toy for my bike today. Not my Harley. My Trek. I am now the proud owner of a digital odometer. It calculates trip mileage, MPH, time, total miles, total time, and high MPH. Tonight I took it on an 8-mile ride. I plan on taking on over 200 miles of rides before we leave on the cruise. It’s a doable goal, that’s just a little over 6 miles a day, everyday, for the next 30 days. Heck maybe I’ll take it 250 miles.
Kim and I spent the weekend in Kansas City. It was fun. We stayed at the Chateau Avalon. Every room is themed. We stayed in the Castaway Suite. It had a giant shipwrecked boat and a large mural on the wall. It came complete with breakfast, which tasted good, but the presentation was less than stellar and portions were small.
We ate supper Saturday at the Granite City brewery. It was fabulous. I had two beers. A Broad Axe Stout and a Brother Benedict Bock. You KNOW both were good because when Kim tried them, she made a horrible face and shook her head. Good Stuff! I had an 8 oz filet, medium rare. Kim declined it too. She said if I found a piece that wasn’t mooing she’d try it. It was good though.
We spent most of Saturday shopping at the Legends. Kim bought somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 shirts and a pair of shorts. They’re all for the cruise. One she said she’s wearing to the River Festival, but she was going to wear a bra AND a cami. She’ll be completely out of place dressed like that at the Festival. I bought a pair of flip-flops for the cruise... red and charcoal Converse. They're cool!
Today on the trip home – remember we’re on the Harley – some moron decided to make a u-turn on I-70 just west of Junction City. Between me and the moron were a minivan and a car. We’re all cruising about 75. The moron decided to turn, the minivan hit the brakes, the car behind them hits the brakes and I hit the brakes. The car hits the van, I’m looking for somewhere to go while hitting the brakes… fortunately I kept the shiny side up and squeezed through, the minivan and car pull over, and the moron drives on oblivious to the chaos he/she caused.
When I got home I had to mow. Welcome to reality. This week I have to pack. We’re moving. Not Kim and I. MarketAide. We are moving in with the Salina Journal. Not the ideal situation for us, but this economy is not ideal either. We’ll make the best of it, regain profitability, and move out on our own again. I’m shooting for 12 months! It’s good to have goals.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All this shopping for the cruise? I thought we would just be in our Speedos and togas all day!
Got passports? Lots of stories on the news about needing them this weekend
You wear whatever you want to, Kevin!! I'm pumped. I think my passport is on it's way-- not so sure about Dee's!!
kim
Post a Comment