6.17.2009

News times two

Yesterday, on my trip home from beautiful Southeast Kansas, I was routed off I-135 for an accident. At Newton, I was, along with all the other unfortunate individuals that were traveling north, routed off the interstate, through two round-a-bouts and back onto the interstate about a mile north. Kimmie would have never made it -- two round-a-bouts back-to-back... no way!

Anyway... do you think I can find out what happened? NO! No news reports, no video, no mention of it anywhere. It had to be news worthy. There were at least a dozen cops, tow trucks racing to the scene, at least 5 disabled cars (one against the railing facing south), and a semi hauling, and dropping, sand that had left a 2 mile trail down I-135. He was detained by a sheriff's officer a mile down the road from the point I re-entered the highway. So with no news reports my imagination is left to run wild. I imagine that the truck accidentally dumped a large pile of sand, creating a ramp that caused cars to jump Dukes-of-Hazzard-style, crashing into one another as the unsuspecting truck driver meanders down the highway never knowing the chaos he is causing behind him. It's probably something more mundane, but until I see it in print, that's what I'm going to say happened.

While browsing for the info I crave, I stumbled upon this: A student designed his yearbook cover and cleverly disguised "F*&@ You All" in the art work. Many were distributed before the offending art was discovered. School officials have suspended distribution of the book while it undergoes "cosmetic surgery" to cover the vulgarity. I have looked at the picture and can't see anything. I know my eyes are going bad, I even had a lengthy consultation with Dr. Lapierre about bifocals last week, but I can't see the "F" word anywhere. Sure, I see an "F", what looks like a "U", maybe a "K" is I squint, but I can't find a "C" to save my life.

I'm certainly glad I was not that immature when I was 18. What an ass I would have been. I stopped writing the "F" word after I was caught in third grade writing it on the bathroom wall...

D

No comments: