6.09.2009

Reality sets in…

I have no life of my own. Just work and kids' activities. That is my existence. Oh, and chores. I need a vacation. I need to get away and do nothing for an extended period of time. I need some time where the only thing I think about is whether I could get a colder beer or whether I should wear flip flops or sandals or whether I should shave or not or whether I should sleep in or stay up late or both. When does this cruise leave?

Friday the kids had three games combined. Saturday JD had two. Sunday, two more. Then off to work bingo – for the benefit of JD's team. Last night another softball game for Kay. I also managed to mow, take out the trash, change the cat’s litter, and fold clothes. Add in two late nights on Friday and Saturday and I was so tired from the non-stop going that I slept through my bike ride time this morning.

JD won Friday and went 1-1 Saturday and 1-1 on Sunday. Kay was 1-1 Friday, with two exciting games that were both decided by one run. Last night they got beat 17-9 but the team we played was a second year team. I was proud of them. One inning we held them scoreless and we hit the ball well.

JD has games tomorrow and Friday. Kay plays again on Friday as well. Then Saturday Kim and JD are running a race and I’m going to Oklahoma for a family reunion at Pawnee Lake. Just down and back Saturday. I’ll be back for the evening entertainment at the Festival.

MarketAide's move is complete, sort of. We have a lot of stuff in our old building that we don't have room for, so we still have to move it to storage. I now am in a cracker-box sized office at the Salina Journal. It is 9' by 11' and I have two file cabinets, one lateral file, two bookshelves, a guest chair, my chair, and my desk shoe-horned into the space. I feel closed off, as my employees are across the building from me and I have no windows. Well, I have one window that overlooks the circulation department so I blocked it off with the bookshelves. The walls are industrial grey and the floor is institutional tile. The bathrooms have no paper towels for drying your hands, they use newsprint end rolls. I hope they have toilet paper... I have no one to talk to without walking to "our area" and the parking is across the street. On the bright side, I do have my own thermostat. I've decided that I am going to be on the road as much as possible. Upcoming trips include McPherson, Wichita, Coffeyville, and other remote locations.

I need a break. Did I mention that?

Dee

No comments: