This was River Festival Weekend and it kept me hopping. The weekend went something like this: Softball, Festival, Steak Pita, Moreland & Arbuckle, Stuffed Cucumber, Homemade Ice Cream, Needfire, Lasagna, Harley Ride to Pawnee, Oklahoma, Family Reunion, Genealogy, Harley Ride back to Salina, Kinsey Sicks, Philly Cheese Steak, Chili Cheese Fries, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Frozen Cheesecake on a Stick, Beer, Church, Fine Art Show, Bought a Raku Vessel, JD to Baseball, Craft Show, Bought Kim a Pendant, Italian Ice, Kelley Hunt, and finally Up in 3-D.
The motorcycle ride was exhausting. I covered 430 miles in nine hours with a two hour break at the family reunion. The Iron Butt Association awards patches for SaddleSore & Bunburner which means you rode 1000 miles in under 24 hours or 1500 miles in under 36 hours! I cannot imagine. I rode a little less than half that and my butt was sore. I could not find a comfortable spot on my seat. Another 570 miles would have been unbearable.
I bought Kim a lovely pendant at the festival. It is a bronze, copper, and brass creation that said "Two lives, One Heart." It was hand stamped and assembled with rivets and has two people cut into the center dancing around a heart. It's cool. Ask to see it.
I also purchased a Raku vessel made by Texas artist Ed Taylor. It is stunning. The colors that he achieves with his glazes are amazing. And, you can almost see the fire licking the side of the vessel. I was pleased with my purchase. Next year, Kim suggested I become an Art Patron. An Art Patron agrees to spend a minimum of $250 on art. Done. This year I spent about $300, so next year I will be a Patron and be recognized for my purchases.
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think my favorite parts of your blogs are always the food and eating parts.So detailed and make me hungry all over again! 18 Days to Launch!
Post a Comment