1.19.2009

Derby Days

Saturday was the Salina Cub Scout Pack 7 Pinewood Derby. The whole family entered a car... kinda. JD, Kay, and I made cars for the race. JD's car centered on The Music Man, as he is starring as WInthrop in the SOuth High Production. Kay's was K-State themed. Mine was a wagon... The Lil' Red Wagon. It won Most Creative in the Open Class. The idea was all Kim's but I executed the design. It did OK racing. The kid's cars did OK, too. But the winner of our group was the original pinewood derby car I made in 2004. That year The Purple Streak won Best of Show and won First Place in the races. It weighed in at 7.85 oz. and smoked everyone. This year it did well, too, but did not win first. It did finish second though -- to a car that was double its weight. Even with the weight difference, The Purple Streak was nosed out at the finish line in each race against the eventual winner.

D

No comments: