Which one to start with... hmmmmm... OK, how 'bout this...
Yesterday, I drove to Falls City, Nebraska. Total drive time was 6 hours round trip. On my drive, I saw 18 Highway Patrol and 4 County Sherriffs running radar. For you math-challanged people, that is one law enforcement officer every 16.2 minutes. The trip to Falls City was when I encountered the majority of the troopers. I saw 15 of Troopers in three hours of driving. That is one every twelve minutes. I guess I know how the State of Kansas plans on making up their budget shortfall. Maybe Kimmie will get a raise afterall.
Item number 2: JD's basketball team has struggled for two years... January 4th was their second win in two years. This past weekend we played at a booster club tournament in McPherson. JD's team won their first game, won their second game, and then won their third. How in the world did that happen? Team three was a 6th grade team. Wow. And what did the boys get for their hard work? A huge trophey? A gold medal? Nope... they got a sack with a McPherson College lanyard, two cookies, and a pair of socks... thanks for coming to our tournament!
D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment