1.26.2009

Tuck your shirt in...

Kay's basketball team is 2-0 in Y-ball (I know... they don't keep score and it's about learning the game, but trust me, they're 2-0). The girls play hard. I think it's a statement about my intense coaching style and relentlessly pushing them in practice or it could be that I got lucky and three girls that can play were placed on my team. The highlight of the game Saturday was the official -- or should I say ONE of the officials. We had FOUR! One in particular blew his whistle twice for no reason and then acted shocked that we were looking at him... "Oh! I'm sorry. Keep playing. I didn't mean to do that." He also had an unhealthy fixation on the fact that the girls didn't have their shirts tucked in... "You need to tuck your shirt in." he would tell them, during the game, while they were dribbling. All of this as he stood there inadvertently blowing his whistle with HIS shirt untucked...

D

No comments: